We are currently transitioning to chip debit cards. Chip cards add extra layers of security and protection to help prevent fraud. As your current debit card expires, you will receive a new debit card with the following features:
- A new look
- A chip
- A new card number
- A new 3 digit code (security code on back)
- A new PIN (you can change the PIN once you receive it, either at the toll-free number on the front of your card, at our ATM or any Member Service Representative at any branch can you help you).
Please activate and begin using your new chip card as soon as possible. If you have any recurring debits to your account, for example, gym membership, Netflix, insurance, etc) that are tied to your debit card, please update the companies with your new information.
To avoid surcharges when withdrawing cash, visit one of the ATM's listed in the networks below:
ATM Safety Tips
- Be mindful of your surroundings - if the machine is poorly lit or in a secluded area, use another ATM.
- Lock car doors and roll up windows when using drive-through ATM's.
- Do not leave keys or valuables in the car when using an ATM.
- Have your card ready to avoid having to go through your purse or wallet.
- Make sure no one nearby can view your PIN or transaction amount.
- Do not count cash while standing at an ATM - put your cash, card and receipt away immediately.
- After completing an ATM transaction, remember to take your card and transaction record - do not leave your receipt behind.
- If your card becomes stuck inside an ATM machine, be suspicious of anyone offering their help, even if they appear to be a credit union/bank security officer. Do not accept help from strangers.
MasterMoney Debit Card
Tired of writing checks? Want to pay cash for your every day purchases? The MasterMoney Debit Card from BFCU is an easy and convenient way to conduct transactions. Use your Debit Card anywhere that MasterCard® is accepted and purchases will automatically be deducted from your NOW Account. Your Debit Card also works at ATMs for cash withdrawals.
All of our BFCU MasterMoney Debit Cards are set to reissue automatically during the expiration month printed on the front of your card. Your NEW card has the same number on the front and works with the same pin number as your old card; the only change is in the expiration date. If your card has expired and you did not receive a new one in the mail, please contact Jennifer Cook at 617-288-2420 and she'll be happy to help you.
To report your MasterMoney Check Card lost or stolen please call:
To change your computer-generated PIN on your MasterMoney Check Card please call: 1-800-448-8268
You can only change your PIN number on this automated line if you have first received a letter in the mail with a number that was automatically assigned to your card. If you have received a MasterMoney Check Card but no PIN, please contact a Member Service Representative at the credit union. This number will NOT activate your card; you must use it at an ATM in order for it to be initialized.
MasterMoney Debit Card Security:
- Never write down your PIN number - memorize it!
- Never disclose PIN numbers to anyone.
- When selecting a PIN, do not choose numbers and letters than can be easily identified. Avoid using initials, phone numbers, or birth dates.
- Ensure that you sign your card on the signature panel as soon as you receive it. In addition, for an extra measure of security, you can write "Check ID" in the same space.
- Make a record of card account numbers and telephone numbers for reporting lost or stolen cards. Keep this in a safe place.
- Ensure that your card is returned after every purchase.
- Never give card numbers over the phone, unless you have initiated the call.
- Always verify the transaction amount before signing the sales receipt.
My Mobile Money Access App
Now it’s even easier to manage your BFCU Debit Card and protect yourself from fraud with the My Mobile Money Access App. With the My Mobile Money Access App, you can manage and monitor your BFCU Debit Card wherever you go and whenever you need to! This industry-leading technology enables YOU to control your card access and monitor transaction activity!
Here are all the great things you can do with just the tap of your finger:
• Balance inquiry – Quickly check how much money you have in your account to avoid overdrafts.
• Ability to turn your card on and off – Misplace your card? Simply turn it off until you find it!
• Ability to alert transactions - Be the first to know if there is suspicious activity on your Debit Card right when it happens!
If you have questions or need help installing the My Mobile Money Access App, give us a call and we will be happy to help you!
Did You Know Your Debit Card Comes with a Watchdog?
Because debit fraud is serious business, we’re watching out for you!
You may not know it, but you have round-the-clock protection against the increasingly savvy perpetrators of debit card fraud. That’s because the debit cards we issue are protected by FraudWatch® PLUS.
Through an important partner of ours ,we provide industry leading technology, tools and the expertise to manage fraud. Experienced fraud analysts work around the clock watching for any suspicious card activity and will contact you immediately if they detect potential fraud on your card.
So, if you ever get a call from “Fraud Prevention Services” know that our watchdogs are doing their job and preventing potential fraudulent use of your card. Fraud is serious business, and can hit anytime. That is why we are always on guard to detect and prevent fraud from happening to you.
Help our watchdog protect your account!
In order for our watchdog to better serve you while out of the country, we ask that you call the Credit Union in advance to inform us of the dates you plan on being away and the destination you are traveling to.
Our watchdog is strict with the safety of your account and if we don’t tell him it’s you using your card in a foreign country, he will assume it’s fraud and shut it off.
As your Credit Union, we don’t want to see you run into any problems accessing your money while on vacation or business, especially in a foreign country!